August 31, 2007

New Fast Time for '07


Congratulations Sam!

We've been trying to break the elusive 39 second mark all season long and finally did it last Sunday.

I just received an e-mail from a friend of mine informing us that our fast time on Sunday was posted as 38.93 seconds. I didn't realize this at the time since we were in such a hurry to leave. I threw the kart in the trailer without checking any data on his gauge and off we went.

Understand that this is not a track record. The record in our class still stands at 38.38 seconds and was set back in October of 2006. Our time is the fastest that anyone has gone on the track in 2007. We've made some improvements to the kart and are off to the track to test this afternoon. We've brought on board with us a driving coach that will not only help Sam with his duties, but assist me with my set-up as well.

38.2 here we come!