April 23, 2012

Around for the summer

Looks like the European vagabond is going to be staying in the states this summer so our racing season is on.  I don't think he totally realizes it yet but unless he comes up with a part time job that pays him twenty bucks an hour I can't honestly say that I'll have the money for him to go.

We just received our notice from the university about just how much we can expect to receive in aid this year, and what we can expect to come flying out of our savings account like a bullet train.  Let me tell you it ain't a pretty story.  Middle class america does truly take it up the backside but I'll leave this rant for another time.

Right now I am cautiously optimistic in saying that something resembling a racing season will go on for 2012.  I've even managed to get myself believing that I will return to the track on the days that my son is not.  And why shouldn't I?  I've been the team owner, principle, chief mechanic, driver coach, and sugar daddy of all things billable for the last ten years!  I should get to play once in a while.

But it's not about me.  It's about him, and the class that is beginning to really take shape this year and promise to offer us many new competitors to race against.  We both welcome the new blood and look forward to a great season.  We hope you can be a part of it.