July 19, 2005

July 10th


Although I've been racing for almost a half season already, Today was by far my best race all year. Make that, the best day all year.

I'm one of 5 new kids in this class and my dad and I have had a really tough time trying to get up front with the faster drivers. I always practice well, but when it comes to the heat and feature races I can only get 7th place. The next two drivers are real close but they both have more seat time than me and I can never seem to catch them. That was until this weekend.

We had the chassis set-up this morning by our engine builder and all around prep guy, Regan Vehring of 4-Cycle Central. He is great! As an engine builder, chassis set-up man, and driver coach. My dad said it had to be a whole lot of Regan and a little luck that got me my first 5th place finish in front of these two drivers. He's also very proud of how far I've come as a driver. Him and my mom were smiling for days. I hope our next race on the 24th is just as good. I'll let you know then.