July 25, 2005

July 24, 2005

Today was very hot! Over 105 degrees. The Race Director said "if the wind dies down today, we will cancel the race" I was hoping the wind would die down. It was too hot to race and I really wanted to go home.

Practice started and I did pretty good. Times were a little slow, but consistent. The track was very greasy and slippery. I had to work hard each session. My dad and I got talked to by one of the race officials because someone complained that I cut him off in a corner. He was very nice and explained the rules of passing, but I felt I did nothing wrong. The driver of the other kart said that he was along side of me going into a turn, but I did not see or hear him. I dont think he was that far up on me but it does'nt matter what I think. What happened is over. I learned my lesson. The next time he needs room to pass me, I will give him 3 kart spaces so he has plenty of room.

After my second heat I needed some rest. I was tired and had to lay down so I slept for about an hour in my dad's truck. I woke up with 2 minutes till my race, and wasn't even totally awake when we left the grid. I didn't race as good as I could have. I finished 7th and felt horrible at the end. My dad said I may of had heat exhaustion. I was hot, dizzy and my stomach hurt. I was glad this day was over and I hope my luck changes at Blackhawk in 2 weeks. Until then.